Shrimps are not weird to be fried in both US and China. What’s more, I was so surprised that stir-fried shrimps in CA are much more delicious than in China for the shrimps are bigger, fresher and tastier. One thing that I should mention is the shrimp itself can really make the difference. I’d like to choose those plump big ones with shells even if they should be stored in fridges in markets. But I still prefer Chinese way of cooking for it is much simpler. I tried this recipe when I was in LA nearly a month ago. For I am such a shrimp addict, and it is still hot summer, I think it is good to share how to make this stir-fried dish with frying pan or wok.
Remember: Shrimps can be stir-fried with light flavor while lobsters and prawns can be eaten with cheese and added other richer flavor.
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, shelled or not and deveined and patted very, very dry
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 eggs, beate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 large mild chili (anaheim, Hungarian wax), thinly sliced
- cooking oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
*Soy sauce, chili pepper, curry would also make it better
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yield: serves 2 to 3
There are many other kinds of stir-fried shrimps but I think this dish is with attractive look, which can stimulate the appetite and can serve guests.
For myself, I’d like shrimps to be fried in a wok but not a deep trying pan. However, using a pan can really fry without the wok turner.
I also suggest frying shrimps with their shells because the color will be much brighter than they are not.
Enjoy your homemade flavor!
1. Cooking time would be slightly varied between different cooking wares.
2. Chinese dish can have a flexible ingredient proportion. Keeping trying and you will cook your new flavor. You may use other seasoning as well.
If you tried, don’t hesitate to share. Picture? Words? Essays? WELCOME!
Have difficulties? Let me help you.